Yellow Stickered

A showcase for my photography - I have a passion for macro and for "art bending" with perspective control lenses.



Our house has a colony of bats in the gable. Tonight, this little one was found newly deceased outside our front door. As you can see, he/she was absolutely infested with red mites, so my dear wife was none too keen on me having it in the house to photograph! One can only marvel at the delicacy of such a tiny animal, about 45mm in length. The foot, shown in the top photograph, was about 5mm across. It is incredible to think that it can sustain the weight of the bat at rest.

Much as having bats can be a nuisance (it is a pain to have your windows soiled with bat urine!), I think they are lovely little creatures, and I really like giving them a home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's it all about?

Aiming to make you suffer my feeble efforts at photography and to give me an excuse to rant.

For those who care, all photographs are taken with a Canon 60D, or my specially converted infra-red Canon 40D.

Followers

Copyright: Paul Dundon, 2011. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

What I'm watching

Total Pageviews