Yellow Stickered

A showcase for my photography - I have a passion for macro and for "art bending" with perspective control lenses.


The Moons of Jupiter
I came home from my dad's last night to find the sky really clear, and the weather still quite warm. I armed myself with my 150-500mm zoom, a 1.4x teleconverter, and my trusty Benbo tripod, and took a few snaps from just outside the front door. I am particularly pleased with this one of the planet Jupiter, showing three of its four moons. From left to right, the picture shows Ganymede, Callisto, Jupiter itself, and Europa. Io, the fourth moon, is behind the main planet. I'm not some sort of psychic when it comes to knowing one moon from another. The good people at www.skyandtelescope.com have a handy little calculator that shows the relative position of the moons at any given time.




17 Day Old, Waning Gibbous Moon
According to my computer, the moon was 403516km from me and my camera. I'd check it myself, but petrol is expensive these days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's it all about?

Aiming to make you suffer my feeble efforts at photography and to give me an excuse to rant.

For those who care, all photographs are taken with a Canon 60D, or my specially converted infra-red Canon 40D.

Followers

Copyright: Paul Dundon, 2011. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

What I'm watching

Total Pageviews